Acne scarring can be difficult to treat but we have several procedures that are available to patients. All anti-scarring treatments will start with a consultation with the dermatologist. This will allow the consultant to see which procedure will be best for you and discuss other elements such as your expectations from the treatment. The different procedures include:
- Micro-needling – The treatment works by using micro needles to puncture the skin; this allows for the skin to start the healing process by producing collagen which makes the skin look plump and enhances the blood supply.
- Microdermabrasion – This removes the surface skin layers and helps promote re-modelling. It is usually combined with retinoids to maximise results. The procedure uses tiny crystals to physically remove the cells and clean pores.
- Chemical Peel – A treatment that removes the top layers of your skin using a chemical solution. The skin heals to form a new top layer, which is smoother and brighter than before.
- Laser skin (IPL) – IPL works by promoting collagen synthesis in the skin and treating redness.
- Laser skin (CO2) – This is our most modern treatment for acne scarring and is particularly good as it is able to penetrate deep into the skin and is highly accurate.